- 6:30 p.m.
- The 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month (excluding holidays)
- Room 203 - City Hall Manca Annex
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Greg Dumas, Chairman
July 21, 2024
Duncan Burns, Jr., Member
July 20, 2023
David Orwig, Member
March 22, 2025
The Conservation Commission is responsible for the administration of the Wetlands Protection Act as well as the City of Gardner's Wetlands Protection Ordinance. In addition, it works towards the acquisition, stewardship and protection of Open Space.
Notice Regarding Landscaping or Building
If you are planning any landscaping or building within 100 feet of a wetland or 200 feet of a stream, please contact the Conservation Agent to determine whether you will need a permit. Please call us before you break ground or cut trees.
If you are unsure if your project is within a Wetland Resource Area or Buffer Zone please contact the Conservation Agent for guidance.
Notice Regarding Filing Procedures & Fees
All filings, permit applications, notices, requests, and associated plans, supporting documents, and materials must be received by the Commission at least 14-days prior to a Public Hearing or Meeting. Any additional information requested by the Commission as part of a public hearing or meeting should be provided to the Commission at least 7-days in advance of the next meeting or continuation date.
Please bring 6 copies of handout material so that each board member will be able to follow along with the presentation.
Effective October 1, 2011, filing fees (PDF) and Special Permit Fees will be collected under the Gardner Wetlands Protection Ordinance (PDF) in addition to the fees already being collected under the State Wetlands Protection Act.
- 2010 Trail Inventory Map (PDF)
- Annual Report (PDF)
- City Code Ch. 650 - Wetlands Protection Ordinance (PDF)
- DEP permit submission guidelines
- How to File a Notice of Intent Under the Wetlands Protection Act (PDF)
- Signing up + using eDEP for submitting RDAs July 2023
- Signing up for and using eDEP for submitting DOAs_July 2023_REV
- Wetlands Determination for Tax Assessment (PDF)
- Wetlands Protection Act - Abutters Notification Form (PDF)
- Wetlands Protection Act - Affidavit of Notification to Abutters (PDF)
- Wetlands Protection Act (State) Filing Fees (PDF)
- Wetlands Protection Ordinance (Local) NOI Filing Fees (PDF)