Public Records Requests
- BUSINESS HOURS: Monday-Thursday: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM/Fridays: 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM *Excluding Holidays. *Request Forms need to be filled out as completely, accurately, and legibly in order to fill request promptly.
- AFTER HOURS: Central Dispatch will provide request forms for Records Department. If request is made by phone, or otherwise, sufficient information must be submitted for Records department to research and fill.
- FEES: $.05 Per Page/ *Requests can be made via electronic transmission. *Extensive research/investigation involving records requests shall incur additional applicable charges to include; Records Clerk hourly wages, postage, etc.
- REQUEST COMPLETION BY DEPARTMENT: Within *10 Business Days. If records research extends beyond 10 Days, the records clerk will notify the requestor of such, with an estimated time of delivery of such records.
- EXEMPTIONS: The law calls for several exemptions to Public Records releases. Complete lists of exemptions are available under M.G.L. Chapter 66, available at: www.Mass.gov. A requestor denied by law to records under the exemptions will be notified of such by Records Department.
- REDACTED RECORDS: The law further prohibits certain personal information contained in reports to be released, and records can be redacted before released.
All further requests, inquiries, and questions should be directed to:
Records Access Clerk: Cheryl Blodgett, 200 Main St., Gardner, MA (978)632-5600, Ext. 130
Keeper of the Records: Dep. Chief John A. Bernard, 200 Main St., Gardner, MA (978) 630-1379