Resident Transfer Station
Transfer Station Announcements
- Beginning 5/27/20 the Transfer Station will open regular hours.
- For the health and safety of the attendant and residents, please wear a mask, follow all instructions and signage and practice social distancing.
- You still cannot purchase stickers, tickets or tags at City Hall as the building remains closed to the public.
- Transfer Station Stickers and Bulk Item Fees/Volume Load Fees may be paid online or by mail (see information below on how to purchase Online or By Mail).
- Please call the Health Dept at 978-630-4013 if you have any questions or need help.
Resident Transfer Station Stickers
FY2021 Gardner Transfer Station permit stickers are available for Gardner residents for $20. The permit sticker is good from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. The permit sticker will allow you to dispose of household trash, recycling and bulk items. Please see the links below for details and disposal fees. The Gardner Transfer station is for Gardner residents only.
Transfer Station sticker can be purchased 3 ways:
- Online: When purchasing online, print out your receipt; the receipt is your temporary pass to the Transfer Station until you receive your sticker by mail. Order Online
- By Mail: Transfer Station stickers can now also be purchased by mail, please fill out the Transfer Station Order Form, include a copy of your registration and mail it with payment to the address listed on the form. The sticker will be mailed to you. You will be unable to access the Transfer Station until you have your sticker.
- At City Hall: (Currently Unavailable due to COVID-19) bring your driver’s license and vehicle registration for which the permit will be issued to the Board of Health office in City Hall, room 29. Hours are Monday - Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Friday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Payment at the Board of Health must be cash or check only; we do not accept credit or debit cards.
The Gardner Transfer Station permit sticker is not to be used for waste generated by commercial activities; it is for Gardner residents who wish to dispose of their household items only.
In the event that your vehicle is sold or a windshield is replaced, the sticker must be REMOVED & RETURNED to the Board of Health for a free replacement sticker. NO EXCEPTIONS.
More info and instructions can be found on the Transfer Station Website.
Non-resident property owners
Non-resident property owners (landlords) may purchase a 1-Day Pass for $10 at the Board of Health Office for use of the Transfer Station to dispose of items from a property in the city of Gardner; disposal fees also apply.
To obtain a 1-Day Pass bring your driver’s license, a City of Gardner property bill (property tax, water or other utility bill in your name with the Gardner address listed) and vehicle registration for which the permit will be issued, to the Board of Health Office at City Hall. Office hours are Monday – Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm., Friday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
|Wednesday||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM||1:00 PM|