Resident Transfer Station
Transfer Station Announcements
- For the health and safety of the staff and residents, please wear a mask, follow all instructions and signage and practice social distancing.
- Transfer Station Stickers and Bulk Item Fees/Volume Load Fees may be paid online, at City Hall or by mail (see information below on how to purchase Online or By Mail).
- Please call the Health Dept at 978-630-4013 if you have any questions or need help.
Resident Transfer Station Stickers
FY2021 Gardner Transfer Station permit stickers are available for Gardner residents for $20. The permit sticker is good from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. The permit sticker will allow you to dispose of household trash, recycling and bulk items. Please see the links below for details and disposal fees. The Gardner Transfer station is for Gardner residents only.
Transfer Station sticker can be purchased 3 ways:
- Online: When purchasing online, print out your receipt; the receipt is your temporary pass to the Transfer Station until you receive your sticker by mail. Order Online
- At City Hall: Bring your driver’s license and vehicle registration for which the permit will be issued to the Board of Health office in City Hall, room 29. Hours are Monday - Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Friday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Payment at the Board of Health must be cash or check only; we do not accept credit or debit cards.
The Gardner Transfer Station permit sticker is not to be used for waste generated by commercial activities; it is for Gardner residents who wish to dispose of their household items only.
In the event that your vehicle is sold or a windshield is replaced, the sticker must be REMOVED & RETURNED to the Board of Health for a free replacement sticker. NO EXCEPTIONS.
More info and instructions can be found on the Transfer Station Website.
Non-resident property owners
Non-resident property owners (landlords) may purchase a 1-Day Pass for $10 at the Board of Health Office for use of the Transfer Station to dispose of items from a property in the city of Gardner; disposal fees also apply.
To obtain a 1-Day Pass bring your driver’s license, a City of Gardner property bill (property tax, water or other utility bill in your name with the Gardner address listed) and vehicle registration for which the permit will be issued, to the Board of Health Office at City Hall. Office hours are Monday – Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm., Friday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
|Wednesday||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM||1:00 PM|