The Baker-Polito Administration’s comprehensive plan to safely reopen the Massachusetts economy, get people back to work, and ease social restrictions while minimizing the health impacts of COVID-19.
When Can My Business Reopen?
For specific guidance on when your business can reopen, check out the information here
Phase 1 - Complete
- May 18, 2020 allows Manufacturing and Construction as well as Place of Worship to open if certain safety standards are met.
- May 25, 2020 allows Office, Retail (Curb pickup or remote fulfillment only), Hair Salon/Barber, Pet Grooming, Car Washes to open if sector-specific safety standards are met.
- For a comprehensive listing of all business types an their anticipated opening date, please visit this website.
Step 1 Phase 2 - Eligible As of June 8
- Examples include outdoor dining, childcare, retail, hotels, outdoor recreation facilities (most of these have occupancy limits and detailed guidance)
Step 2 of Phase 2 - Eligible as of June 22
- Indoor table service at restaurants
- Close-contact personal services, with restrictions;
- Retail dressing rooms, by appointment only;
- Offices, at 50 percent capacity
Full list and safety protocols available at www.mass.gov/reopening.
All workplaces are required to perform the following, even if they were previously open on the Essential Services List:
- Fill out a COVID Safety Plan. Keep at the workplace
- Fill out a self-certification. Post at the workplace
- Train employees on COVID prevention. Training must be effective for employees to understand and implement the COVID safety measures put in place.
- Post signage: Mandatory Safety Standards
There are additional Sector Specific Workplace Standards for some businesses
- Certain sectors must also comply with Sector Specific COVID Safety Standards:
- Office Spaces
- Hair Salons and Barbershops
- Pet Grooming
- Car Washes
- Retail – curbside pickup or remote fulfillment only. In-store browsing prohibited until Phase 2.
Please contact the Health Department with any questions
Phases of Reopening