Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
City of Gardner Code Chapter 428 requires a permit before conducting any hawking and peddling activities in the city. A permit is valid for one year from the date of issue. The annual, nonrefundable fee is $54; check made payable to The City of Gardner.
Even if you have a license issued by the State Division of Standards, you must complete this application as instructed below, and attach a copy of the license. The Police Chief may issue you a permit once these requirements are met.
For more information on the State License, contact the State Division of Standards at (617) 727-3480
(Fill out as much as needed)
I hereby state that all information provided on this application is true and accurate, and I understand that any information that is found to be false or misleading will result in the forfeiture of this permit, and that I will ve required to wait one year before submitting a new application, and that I may be subjected to criminal prosecution pursuant to MGL c101. I also understand that any violation of the City's rules and regulations pertaining to Transient Vendors, Hawkers, or Peddlers could subject me to arrest, fine, and/or loss of this permit.
I, the above signed applicant, hereby agree to release, discharge and hold harmless, the City of Gardner, a municipal corporation of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and its officers, employees, agents and servants from all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, loss of service, expenses and compensation associated with the over signed conduct under this Permit as described herein.
1. In the event new employees are hired, the applicant shall submit to the Chief of Police an updated list of the names and home addresses of all employees working under this permit.
2. Operation on the following is prohibited without approval of the Chief of Police or his designee:
Sundays, Legal Holidays, or on such legal holidays which fall on Sundays and are celebrated on the following day. Furthermore, operation in the following areas is prohibited without special approval of the Gardner City Council or Chief of Police:
Pleasant Street to the Junction of Willow Street
Parker Street from Pleasant to Nichols Street
City Hall Avenue
3. Hawking and peddling is prohibited within 1000 feet of any school, playground, or park within the City of Gardner on any day of the week. The School Committee, by majority vote, may waive the 1000 foot requirement relative to school property, and the City Council or Police Department may waive the 1000 foot requirement relative to parks and playgrounds.
Any hawker/peddler who violates these regulations shall be liable to a penalty of $20.00 for each offense; each day a violation continues shall constitute a separate offense. Any hawker/peddler remaining on any property in willful violation of these regulations may be arrested pursuant to MGL Chapter 272 Section 59 without a warrant by any officer authorized to serve criminal process in the place where the offense is committed and kept in custody until he or she can be taken before the Gardner District Court. Any hawker or peddler who violates these regulations may also be penalized by a non criminal disposition as provided by MGL Chapter 40 Section 21D
5. The Gardner Police Department reserves the right to place any other further conditions of restrictions on permits granted by the City, which will be sent to the applicant upon receiving their permit.
I hereby state that I will adhere to all of the conditions listed above, including all of the conditions set forth by the City Departments in the approvals provided above.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field