Public Records Request

Information for requesting public records

Requests for public records should be directed to the City's Official Records Access Officer as defined by Massachusetts General Law. The Official Records Access Officer for the City of Gardner is the City Clerk's Office. All public records requests should be sent to the City Clerk who will then forward the request to the appropriate city personnel. 

  • A request for public records should include a reasonable description of specific records being requested.

  • Under some circumstances the Records Custodian may assess a reasonable fee for the production of public records
  • For additional information about making a request or filing an appeal, see 950 CMR 32.08 (2) or refer to our publication, A Guide to the Massachusetts Public Records Law (PDF).