Treasurer / Collector
Important Update (4/23/20)
- The City of Gardner is extending the due date for Real Estate & Personal Property Taxes to June 1st, 2020. Interest will also be waived on excise tax, water/sewer/trash bills with a due date after March 10th, 2020, as long as payment is made by June 30, 2020.
- Payments can be made:
- Online - Please note that standard fees apply. There will be a $0.25 processing fee assessed for all electronic check payments. Credits card payments use the fee structure here.
- Mail - mail a check or money order to 95 Pleasant Street, Room 118, Gardner, MA 01440
- City Hall Drop Box (front steps of City Hall) - check or money order
- Read the full announcement here.
- The Treasury Department issues payroll and accounts payable checks, including maintaining appropriate payroll records and complying with reporting requirements on all Federal, State, and Local levels.
- Collects all taxes for the City of Gardner.
- The Treasurer receives and takes charge of the money of the Municipality in General Treasury and Special Funds, including Stabilization Funds, Trust Funds, and many others.
- The Treasurer negotiates for borrowing, including preparation of documents and notes.
- The Treasurer has the statutory responsibility to pay all bills as properly authorized by proper City Officers.
- The Treasurer retains custody of Tax Deeds or Instruments of Taking, maintains Tax Title accounts, conducts sales of land and oversees petition for foreclosure.
- The Treasury Department maintains and controls the City Hall computer network.
- Keeps all deeds for City-owned property.